Five Reasons You Need To Be Advertising On Facebook
Many business owners think that just setting up a business page on Facebook and posting a few updates here and there is good enough- however businesses owners need to understand the potential of Facebook as a marketing platform, where with an engaging, consistent and clear social media strategy, you can generate leads and sales.
Here are just five of the many reasons you should be advertising on Facebook
1. With Facebook, you can generate warm leads and referrals. Posting updates that are relevant to your audience will mean that they are more likely to engage with your posts. Those interactions will then be shared with their networks. Your online visibility and branding have now increased and more people are aware of you. By staying in front of your current customers, you can stay top of mind so they think of you, before your competitors. By creating a strategy that demonstrates your value proposition, plus by using testimonials that support this, you can increase referrals; plus you can directly use Facebook lead ads to generate leads.
Facebook lead ads provide a great way to gather information about the individuals in your network. Gathering the emails and information from this network will provide the ability to reach them outside of Facebook through emails or even offline. Offering people value is a great way to do this; whether it is through an e-book giveaway, a checklist or a white paper, or even a competition. Likes are great; leads are better!
2. With Facebook, you can reach a specific audience with no wastage. If you want to target just females, in a particular area in a particular demographic you can; which means you are using your advertising spend more effectively, and your ads are getting in front of the people most likely to do business with you.
3. With Facebook, you can monitor your competitors. On the business page there is a feature called “Pages to Watch” where you can select businesses you want to watch. You can then see how many likes their page has and how many new fans they got that week, what their page reach was like, and their posts.
If a page you are watching suddenly has a high number of new fans for the week you can click over to their page and see what they are doing to generate interest. If you are not active with your business page on Facebook, check out the Pages to Watch and take a look at what your competitors are doing. If they have a strong presence and are using Facebook effectively, they are likely also in front of your customers and potential customers. If they are there you need to be there too or you could be losing business and not even know it.
4. With Facebook, you can build a community of advocates. Because your Facebook page has a built in audience. This audience likely consists of current customers and potential customers. Engaging with the current customers generates loyalty and encourages them to share your information with their friends, which helps generate new leads. You can also show potential customers why they should do business with you, by positioning yourself as the expert in the marketplace.
5. With Facebook, you can create custom audiences off your website. This means that someone may visit your website, and leave without taking an action, however you can retarget these people by creating a custom audience, and continue to show the value of doing business with you, through ads and offers. This will help your business stay top of mind with potential customers, so they think of you before your competitors.